Friday, April 20, 2007

Women forced to beg in Saudi Arabia by her husband

Nishat Ajij, a doctorate in Urdu and PG in journalism, has alleged that she was forced to beg in Saudi Arabia by her husband Mirza Adnan Baig and his family.
31 -year old Nishat was taken for ride by her husband who introduced himself as an assistant manager in seven star hotel in Saudi Arabia to impress her though he was merely a driver.
These are the revelations made by Nishat in an exclusive interview in Jaipur on Thursday.
She said “ I have filed a petition in the session court of Tasmin Khan against my husband who forced me to beg during my Haj pilgrimage at Makka in Saudi Arabia .I was given some empty polythene bags to collect the offerings from the pilgrims and survive on it.No money was given to me by my in- laws and husband.”
“I was shocked to know that my husband is not well educated and he is simply a driver in the hotel though he had given his designation as an assistant manager with annual package of Rs 3.75 lakh,” she said.
Nishat’s counsel Ajay Jain said “ the judge has passed an interim order and asked Baig to pay Rs ten thousand per month as maintenance charges to my client -Nishat.”
He said “ I had pleaded in the court that Baig’s family committed atrocities on my client and locked his flat in Jaipur which had left her without a shelter.”
Nishat got married to Baig on May 2,2006 in Jaipur and went to Saudi Arabia on Oct 2006 to stay with the family which has been residing there since past 45 years.
She said “ I regret that I could not cross check my husband’s credentials prior to my marriage which has ruined my life.”
Sunita Chaturvedi ,a local journalist said “Nishat held the post of joint secretary of Rajasthan media women’s group and I had advised her not to accept a marriage proposal from a person whom you do not know .but destiny did not favour her and she went ahead with her plan."
"we feel sorry for her as end of the marriage is unfortunate and it has completely shattered her,” she said.
A senior advocate Usman Khan said that he had tried to settle the dispute between two families through dialogue but in vain.
He said “I know them hence I tried for reconciliation. I also talked to Baig’s grand father Gulam Mustafa in Saudi Arabia who vehemently denied all the allegations levelled by Nishat against her husband.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home